Monday, February 08, 2010

blue skies








This has been the grayest,wettest January I can remember. So when the the sun finally breaks through, and there's blue skies above we make sure we soak it up. Last Monday Josh had a snow day so we took a drive up to enjoy the icy Narnia mountain. It was a sight to behold, thick crystal ice encasing every branch. We walked around Covenant College, our Alma Mater. I always feel nostalgic up there. It reminds me of being inspired by wise professors, worship, community and meeting this really cute crazy boy with a fro of curls. I lived on the fifth floor of what used to be an old hotel called The Castle in the Clouds. Everything seems so familiar, that it almost felt like I should be getting to chapel instead of making sure my kids didn't walk under any falling ice.


2 comments:

Christine said...

What gorgeous photos! Look at that sky...and the way you described your college is exactly how I feel whenever I step foot on the Belmont University campus again...

Linda said...

I have to take pictures, cause those blue skies are a rare thing these days. Sometimes I'll admit, sometimes I miss those days of more time to study,read and journal, but I'm so thankful for the rich time I had there. As familiar as it feels I find myself thinking ,"why are all these middle school-looking people up here?" Oh, those are college students, I'm just getting old.