Friday, December 14, 2012

Morning bird watching

                                   
                                         My two littlest ones have this habit that I really adore. Every once in a while after the flurry of getting the big kids out the door to school in the morning, I sit and have tea and read for bit and my littles pull their chairs up to the window and watch the birds pointing and chatting. "Look  Harper, there's a cardinal!" she says. I love how kids are never really in a hurry, they notice so much. In the everyday of full to do lists, it's little moments of quiet with sleepy faces and morning light, that I treasure.




2 comments:

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

The very young and very old understand the importance of slowing down to notice details. How sweet to have them daily reminding you!

Christine said...

Sweetness times two.