Thursday, October 04, 2012

october

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."~Anne of Green Gables~ I really am. It is such an beautiful month in this valley of ours. Just when a season might start to get wearisome, October comes with crisp morning air, fire smells and trees with color trickling through them. It's intoxicating, this favorite season of mine. The change of seasons always brings me hope somehow. A reminder of the intricate order, the magnificent rhythm of the spinning home of ours, set perfectly in the cosmos, constantly moving around the sun, giving us days and seasons. A pulsing, changing, growing expanse of life, created by our Father who causes the sun to rise every morning and knows every thought I think. It will never cease to leave me in awe. There are times I want to run from the difficult, the stress, from what I am not. Then there are times that I look up and the sky and the fragile leaves comfort me. And it is enough, because it points me to His face again.

4 comments:

laura said...

looks like you all went to merciers....what a lovely place. beautiful photos linda. everyone is looking older. miss you all.

Anonymous said...

Fall and spring are the most beautiful seasons, but the most busy, too it seems.
Great quote!

Linda said...

Oh yes, complete with apple cider doughnuts:)

Christine said...

Linda, I kid you not, I was saving that Anne of Green Gables quote for this month. We really are soul sistas :) BEAUTIFUL photos of you and your sweet family soaking it up! LOVE the photos in the previous post too of your trip to the river.