Thursday, December 17, 2009

gnome baby


We've been trying to keep things pretty simple this year for Christmas. It is both an economic necessity and a purposeful decision. We are making our kids gifts and I hosted a free-cycle swapping, hand made Christmas shopping kind of party. There are so many talented artists and craftspeople in this community and it is great to support each others' creative endeavors. There was hand made soap, jewelry, beautiful knit works,pottery and photographs for sale. I purged my house of un-needed things and so did many friends, filling up my house with clothes and toys and hand made goodness. My home was turned into a shop for a night, a very fun way to shop, I tell you. I just might have to do it again next year. I got some great free gifts for the kids and traded for this ridiculously adorable gnome hat with a pretty little floral button accent made by Amber. I love it and so does she.


6 comments:

Holloway Clan said...

This is such a fantastic idea! Do you know where I could get that hat pattern? It is so adorable.
Becky

Susan said...

Linda - that hat is adorable on our adorable girl! Great job, Amber!

linda said...

I am a sucker for babies in hats. Becky, I'll ask Amber about the pattern. Evie would look mighty cute in one.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We had 5 Christmas Bazaars in homes here as well...handmade jewelry (by me and another friend), homemade soaps, knits, plants, etc...it was so much fun!

amber said...

i was just reading through your blog and realized that i forgot to send you info on this pattern! sorry! i found it in a book called "vintage knits for modern babies" by hadley fierlinger. there are several great patterns in this book. hope this helps! oh, and see you tomorrow!