Wednesday, August 13, 2008

this week



















I joined in on 31 days of photos over here a while back. I know I'm pretty camera happy but I definitely don't usually take pictures every day. I got a late start but I'm trying to keep up with it. I have always searched out beauty in things; my eyes always scanning the horizon for those bright spots in the mundane. What's amazing is that when you are attuned to light and color and shadows, fewer sights seem prosaic. I like looking at things through a lens and I often see events and encounters in a series of frozen frames of light, color, angles and textures. Most of these are shots I didn't end up using at the photo blog. Here's some glimpses of the last week through my eyes.

3 comments:

Mom said...

This was a neat site. I should buy a camera and post to show everyone what not to do. Where was that colorful tunnel? And where was Dove standing?

linda said...

Thanks Mama, the tunnel is at Rock City and Dove was standing down near the creek by their house.

Karen said...

Beautiful pictures Linda. I think my favorite one is the one of Juden and Josh on the bridge. You're so good at catching little glimpses of time, the faraway look in a child's eye.